Hair loss can be an embarrassing condition, especially for the female. Hair loss can result in tons of challenges such as stigma, low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and some other emotional issues.
DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is a hormone that is responsible for triggering hair loss, mainly in men, both occasionally in women as well.
It prevents the major nutrients needed by hair follicles to promote hair growth to be absorbed. This leads to hair shrinkage which may eventually result in the complete stoppage of hair growth.
Thankfully, the discovery of some effective DHT blockers has given women with hair loss challenges a ray of hope: their hair loss can be reversed. Some of the best DHT blockers for female hair loss specifically designed to reverse hair loss in women are listed below:
Best DHT Blockers for Female Hair Loss
|Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth B-Complex Formula for Hair Loss||Check Lowest Price|
|Amplixin Intensive Biotin Hair Growth Serum||Check Lowest Price|
|Majestic Pure Biotin Hair Shampoo||Check Lowest Price|
|TruePure Natural Caffeine Shampoo With CoffeePure Complex||Check Lowest Price|
|Hair Growth Hair Loss Shampoo||Check Lowest Price|
|Nourish Beaute Hair Loss Conditioner||Check Lowest Price|
|Propidren by HairGenics - DHT Blocker & Hair Growth Supplement||Check Lowest Price|
How We Choose The Best DHT Blockers For Female Hair Loss
As with every natural product, the ingredients are also important. While many female hair loss DHT blockers share similar ingredients, such as caffeine, biotin, and saw palmetto, not all have the same ingredients.
We equally paid attention to the user/customer reviews to better understand what products work and seem to have a good drive in terms of sales.
Finally, we also considered price, and we strive to offer a range of products to fit everyone’s budget.
DHT Blockers for Female Hair Loss Reviews
1. Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth B-Complex Formula for Hair Loss Removes DHT for Thicker Fuller Hair Anti Dandruff Formula
- Hair regrowth tip - one of the best ways to avoid hair loss is to ditch that artificial hair growth...
- Volumizing Shampoo - Try our biotin with coconut oil shampoo formula designed with you in mind to...
- Shampoo for Dry Scalp Care - Our biotin with keratin and zinc shampoo features essential oils to...
Last update on 2023-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Just as the name suggests, this shampoo is made from Biotin, a powerful ingredient with a reputation for the production of keratin, an active ingredient that supports hair growth and thereby prevents hair loss.
It also contains coconut oil, provitamin B5, Zinc, coconut oil, and some other active ingredients.
The components are good at removing DHT buildup in the hair follicle as well as clean the hair and scalp of dandruff scales and flakes.
The result is the stimulation of the hair follicles and the promotions of blood circulation to the hair follicles for healthy hair growth.
More than ten natural herbs and oils are also contained in this awesome DHT blocker. Notable ones are green tea extract, phytochelatin oil, mulberry root extract, argan oil, evening primrose oil, and what have you. They clean the scalp and ensure that hair growth is fully promoted.
Regardless of your hair type, dry or frizzy, the formula will take care of your hair loss and give you back your once luxuriant hair.
- It contains keratin
- It cleans the scalp
- It works on different types of hair
- Result is slow but steady
2. Amplixin Intensive Biotin Hair Growth Serum - Hair Loss Prevention Treatment For Men & Women With Thinning Hair
- Biotin For Hair Growth - Biotin infused formula combined with unique clinically studied ingredients...
- Perfect For All Hair Types - Unlike other anti hair loss solutions, this leave-in hair growth serum...
- DHT Blocking Complex - Caffeine, Saw Palmetto, Jojoba & Red Clover were added to help block negative...
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This DHT blocker is infused with Biotin and combines with some other ingredients that have been tested and found effective for promoting healthy hair regrowth while slowing down hair loss in women.
Other ingredients such as Saw Palmetto, Caffeine, Jojoba and Red Clover are all added to the formula in order to perfectly block the negative effects of DHT and promote hair regrowth in the user.
This product is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and contains no harsh chemicals that can trigger some other hair problems such as irritating scalp and hair. The result of using this DHT blocker is thicker and fuller hair in addition to a healthy scalp.
You can purchase this effective hair growth product for a considerable price and gradually reverse your hair loss.
- It works for a wide range of hair types and styles
- Most of the active ingredients are from natural sources
- It promotes stronger, fuller, and healthier scalp and hair
- Great smell
- Slow impact on hair
- The container is too small
3. Majestic Pure Biotin Hair Shampoo - Hair Loss Shampoo for Thicker Hair
- Visibly Fuller & Longer Hair: Majestic Pure Biotin Shampoo is sulfate free and is formulated to...
- Healthy & Strong Hair: Powerful shampoo with super star ingredients such as Biotin, Rosemary Oil,...
- Beautiful Shinny Hair: Expertly formulated to dramatically transform hair texture by hydrating,...
Last update on 2023-03-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Some of the ingredients are deionized purified water, ginseng root extract, hibiscus rosa-Sinensis extract, nigella sativa oil, Biotin, citrus medica limonum oil, and salvia sclarea oil, among others.
As one of the major components, biotin will assist you to maintain healthy hair by preventing your hair from looking dull and brittle.
You can get a bottle of this DHT blocker and reverse your hair loss without breaking the bank.
- It doesn’t have a negative impact on color treated hair
- Paraben and sulfate free
- Natural components
- The smell can be better
- Some people are allergic to it
4. TruePure Natural Caffeine Shampoo With CoffeePure Complex - Fragrance Free
- 🌿 STIMULATING CAFFEINE HAIR SHAMPOO | Infused with a hair essential combination of caffeine, red...
- 🌿 GENTLY REINVIGORATES FOLLICLES | A DHT blocker that offers hair loss prevention and support,...
- 🌿 PURITY AND REVITALIZATION | No parabens, no sulfates, and no cruelty, our powerful caffeinated...
Last update on 2022-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
TruePure Shampoo has a perfect combination of Red Clover, Caffeine, Jojoba Oil, and Saw Palmetto. These ingredients are responsible for the product’s effectiveness in promoting healthy hair growth in addition to improving the hair follicle strength.
This shampoo is not restricted to a particular hair type. Rather, it can work effectively with any hair type and gradually regrow lost hair after reversing the hair loss process.
Whether your hair is dry or normal, oily or damaged, rest assured that this product from TruePure can work perfectly on your hair and restore it back into the former luxury.
For a paltry sum, you can order this unique DHT blocker without any synthetic perfume that may irritate your scalp and worsen your hair loss experience. Rather, orange peel oil is added as a natural source of vitamin C to provide a non-irritating and light aroma.
Combine the shampoo with Biotin Serum and Argan Oil Condition from the same manufacturer and enjoy the power of this blocker as your scalp is moisturized while your hair gradually grows back.
- It works on different hair types
- Doesn’t contain harmful chemicals
- It doesn’t give an instant result
- The bottle is small
5. Hair Growth Hair Loss Shampoo - 16 fl oz, with 14 DHT blockers
- FREE FROM HARSH CHEMICALS: The formula is free from the harsh chemicals that are the current and...
- DHT BLOCKERS: Biotin strengthens hair strands, niacin increases circulation and our various...
- NATURAL HAIR GROWTH NATURAL SHAMPOO for women and men. It can be used for any hair type-colored...
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This awesome shampoo begins the regrowth process by using the essential nutrients in its active ingredients to nourish the hair follicles. This is a prelude to reversing any damage already done to the hair before starting the healing process.
It also contains some powerful ingredients such as niacin, biotin, and some other extracts that are designed to increase circulation, strengthen hair strands, and generally support healthy hair growth.
The shampoo is ideal for African hair, brunette hair, extended hair, and other hairstyles as a natural hair growth product.
Since it is also free of paraben and sulfate, it is handy for hair regrowth by soothing the scalp as well as retaining moisture in the scalp in order to ensure a shiny finish.
- The best ingredients are used
- Certified by both GMP and FDA
- Great for different types of hair
- Some users complain of itchy scalp
6. Nourish Beaute Hair Loss Conditioner - DHT Blockers and Biotin Conditioner
- PROMOTE NATURAL HAIR GROWTH with a non Sulfate DHT blocker formula to naturally help fight thinning...
- HAIR GROWTH CONDITIONER has patented ingredients to rid the scalp of DHT, improve circulation, stop...
- FIND NATURAL SHINE AND REGROWTH WITH CASTOR AND COCONUT OIL to add volume and moisture. This blend...
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The conditioner is rich in vitamins and other ingredients that make it pretty easy for it to promote natural hair regrowth. It boasts of DHT blockers that support its claim to fight thinning hair in the female.
It also helps the user to rid her scallop of DHT and increase her hair density while extending the growth phase. It equally provides the essential nutrients that are needed by the hair follicles and scalp to boost hair growth.
The hair conditioner is formulated to reverse hair loss and promote hair regrowth in any hair type due to the abundance of active ingredients such as Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, and Tea Tree Oil.
Others are Wheat Germ Extract, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin C, Apple Cider Vinegar, Vitamin E, Keratin, some antioxidants, and Caffeine. All these ingredients are combined into a conditioner that blocks DHT and promotes smooth, full, and shiny hair.
Nourish Beaute Hair Loss Conditioner is available on Amazon and would cost you about the price of a quality cup of coffee to get it.
- Rich in active ingredients
- Works for different hair types
- It takes about 60-90 days before its impact is felt
7. Propidren by HairGenics - DHT Blocker & Hair Growth Supplement with Saw Palmetto & Biotin To Prevent Hair Loss
- Scientific research on hair loss has shown that the number one factor in hair loss is the production...
- Contains Saw palmetto and other powerful dht blockers that help prevent DHT production - Saw...
- Also includes Biotin to help strengthen weak and brittle hair - Biotin is a B Vitamin that produces...
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Propidren is a DHT blocker that contains clinically proven ingredients that work together to achieve a common goal: stop hair loss and gradually trigger hair regrowth.
Propidren contains Saw Palmetto as the main ingredient in addition to some other powerful DHT blockers notable for their ability to prevent DHT production. Saw Palmetto blocks DHT by blocking the enzyme that is responsible for converting testosterone in the body to DHT.
It also contains Biotin with the ability to brittle and weak hair. As a vitamin B, Biotin increases hair elasticity, produces keratin, and generally forms a protective layer around your hair to protect it from damaging effects of brittleness and becoming weak.
Biotin also supports the growth of new skin and hair cells, making these cells vibrant and healthy.
Other active ingredients are Nettle Extract, Green Tea Extract, Horsetail, Pygeum Bark Powder, and FO-TI. These ingredients regenerate hair follicles that are already falling in addition to regrowing the hair.
Although it is a bit more expensive than other products mentioned here, an average earner can easily afford it. This product remains one of the best for hair growth.
- Very effective
- It contains active ingredients
- It strengthens brittle and weak hair
- FDA approved
- A bit more expensive than others
What to Consider When Buying DHT Blockers for Female Hair Loss
Here are some of the things to keep in mind when purchasing female hair loss DHT blockers:
1. Know What’s Causing Your Hair Loss
You need to be sure that DHT is actually the cause of your hair loss before buying a DHT blocker.
However, there may be some other reasons why your hair is falling and products better suited to tackle the issue, reasons such as vitamin deficiencies, thyroid problems, eating disorders, etc.
Consult with your dermatologist first before investing in a DHT blocker. You may be experiencing thinning hair as a result of something else.
2. What Form Are You Buying?
DHT blockers can come in different forms, such as conditioner, cream, shampoo, or powder you put into your drink. But they equally come in pill form and lots of users find this to be the easiest method.
What’s our preference?
Just go for whatever works for you, but it’s worth examining the two most common forms – supplements and shampoo.
Supplements (almost always come in pill form) helps to make sure that your body has an adequate amount of minerals and nutrients needed to improve hair growth.
Anyone can use supplements for hair loss but they’re particularly helpful for individuals with vitamin deficiencies or other medical conditions that restrain how their bodies absorb nutrients.
Additionally, while hair growth supplements supply your body with the needed nutrients, they are not designed to replace a daily multivitamin.
Depending on the brand, hair growth (and hair loss shampoos) interact with the hormones and chemicals on your scalp.
While some may eliminate scalp buildup that can restrain hair growth. Others help to minimize hair breakage and stimulate hair growth.
Hair growth shampoos can be combined with other treatments to amplify the potential of improved hair growth.
There are also conditioners that are meant to enhance thinning hair that add more nutrients and moisture to your hair follicles and scalp. Unlike some standard conditioners, they are not supposed to leave deposits on your hair.
3. Confirm Claims against Actual Research
Lots of DHT blockers make haughty claims about the effectiveness of their products. Take those claims seriously only if there’s real proof (such as a study or other forms of research) to back it up.
Be careful of big promises that have no proof.
4. High Cost Doesn’t Always Mean High Performance
Just because the product is expensive doesn’t mean it’s a magical solution for treating hair loss and growing new hairs.
The active ingredients in each DHT-blocking product are more important than the price, which takes us to our next tip:
5. Always Examine the Ingredients
There are several natural herbs and other helpful ingredients that block DHT in the scalp. Here are some of the ingredients that a natural DHT blocker should have.
Pumpkin seed oil
The pumpkin seed oil contains valuable amino acids that have strong DHT blocking properties.
Biotin is also called vitamin H but is essentially one of the B complex vitamins that enables the body to convert food into energy.
Biotin is designed to help keep your liver, hair, eyes, skin, and nervous system healthy, and is an important nutrient for pregnant women.
Many people can get the biotin they need via a healthy diet, however, some people claim that an extra dosage of biotin has a range of health benefits.
Studies show that, just like minoxidil, rosemary oil produces an increase in hair growth over a period of time.
Saw palmetto is probably the most popular natural DHT blocker out there. There are also several pieces of evidence that prove its effectiveness in slowing or preventing hair loss.
Clinical studies confirmed that saw palmetto might block a particular enzyme (5-alpha-reductase) that converts testosterone into DHT.
Interestingly, Saw palmetto is approved in Europe as a hair loss treatment, as well as for men’s prostate health.
Another ingredient used to reduce levels of DHT is Pygeum bark. It equally alleviates the side effects of an enlarged prostate.
Caffeine will be found in lots of grooming products, especially those that deal with hair and skin. Caffeine stimulates and extends hair follicles’ life cycle while encouraging healthy hair.
Vitamins B12 and B6
Vitamin B boosts blood flow to the scalp to feed the hair follicles and stimulate healthy hair growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does saw palmetto block DHT?
Yes! Saw palmetto may block 5-alpha-reductase (an enzyme that helps to convert testosterone to DHT).
What is the most effective DHT blocker?
All the DHT blockers mentioned here are effective hair loss treatment. However, a study by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) discovered that finasteride is highly effective at DHT blocking.
Is biotin a DHT blocker?
Biotin is a vitamin and has no effect on testosterone conversion to DHT. However, it has a positive effect on hair growth, making it a fantastic addition to a hair growth supplement when used together with something to block DHT.
Does blocking DHT regrow hair?
Yes! Once DHT levels are reduced, hair follicles will be able to generate fuller, thicker, and healthier hair.
Are DHT blocking shampoos safe?
DHT blocker shampoos are generally safe for use as they contain the FDA-approved minoxidil. Less than 1% of men who use the DHT blocker shampoos experience any side effects.
Watch the video below to see some natural DHT blockers for both men and women:
They contain active ingredients that make them effective in reversing hair loss and supporting hair regrowth. Buy any one of these blockers today and gradually work towards regrowing your hair to its former enviable state.
Top 3 Hair Loss Products
Tired of chasing down hair growth solutions without the results you’re after? Make sure you’re using the 3 hair loss products known to work before experimenting with alternative solutions – you may be surprised with how effective those 3 alone can be.
[…] Best DHT Blockers for Female Hair Loss […]