Hair loss can be a very frustrating process. On top of that, the process to try to get hair to regrow can become taxing and slow. If you’re wondering if there are options to help prevent hair loss and boost hair growth, there are! Outside of traditional salon treatments that are costly and have numerous chemicals, consider using flax seed for your hair loss treatment.
Why Flax Seeds for Hair Loss?
There are numerous benefits to using flax seeds.
- Flax seeds will help control oil production and balance pH levels. These are two major factors that affect your hair loss and the health of your hair. With the soothing qualities of flax seeds, the scalp will produce the right amount of oil to boost hair growth.
- Flax seeds are full of Vitamin E. If you’re looking for the best vitamin available for hair growth, vitamin E is it! Vitamin E is known to help boost blood circulation to your scalp, and it is full of antioxidant properties which prevent scalp and hair damage. Using flax seeds can help improve the capillary efficiency on your scalp, which will help prevent more hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Flax seeds are full of Omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are paramount for hair growth. They nourish your hair shafts and the follicles which will boost strength and prevent damage.
- Flax seeds soothe your scalp. Although mentioned in #1, it’s important to note that the regular use of flax seeds can soothe the scalp, preventing issues from hair loss to dandruff.
With all of these benefits, it is clear that using flax seeds can help prevent hair loss and add additional hair growth.
How to use Flax Seeds
Now that you’re convinced that flax seeds are a great option for your hair loss treatment, there are many different ways that you can add them to your hair care routine.
The first option is quite simple.
Take a tablespoon or two of flaxseed oil and heat it for just a few seconds until it is warm. Massage the oil into your scalp, then work down through your ends. Once fully covered, take a hot towel and wrap your hair. After 30 minutes, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- PURE, ORGANIC AND UNREFINED - It is an award-winning, unfiltered organic flax oil, freshly pressed...
- PREMIUM INGREDIENTS - Suitable for even the most sensitive of diets. The formulation is 1% vegan and...
- LOCALLY SOURCED - It is an award-winning, unfiltered organic flax oil, freshly pressed in the...
You can do this a few times a week. Don’t forget to make sure the towel is hot. You can do this by heating the towel in the oven, using a blow dryer to heat it, or even dipping it in hot water. The heat combined with the oil will help penetrate your scalp.
If you prefer to use Flaxseed in a hair gel, follow these steps:
In a pot, boil two cups filtered water with a fourth a cup of flax seeds. Once the liquid starts to thicken, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix. Continue to mix until the liquid becomes gel-like, then set aside to cool. Once room temperature, strain the gel then collect it into a jar.
You can use this gel to style your hair daily. It won’t leave build-up in your hair, which in turn boosts hair growth.
If you prefer, you can also get the benefits of flax seeds by ingesting them. One of the easiest ways to incorporate them into your diet is to add 2 tablespoons of raw flax seeds to your day. You can incorporate them into any food from salads to stir fry! Or just get flax seed oil supplements:
- ✔ The only Vegan Certified Flaxseed Oil Softgel available! With 1200mg of Cold-Pressed, Organic...
- ✔ Contains 60% alpha linoleic acid (ALA), a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid thought to counteract...
- ✔ Formulated without Carrageenan, soy, fillers, gluten or animal ingredients.
No matter which way you choose to use flax seeds, after a few months, you should begin to see results and improvement!
Tired of chasing down hair growth solutions without the results you’re after? Make sure you’re using the 3 hair loss products known to work before experimenting with alternative solutions – you may be surprised with how effective those 3 alone can be.