How Ecklonia Cava Helps
During the life cycle of your hair, it will regularly go through phases.
- Phase 1 – Growth phase (rapid cell division occurs)
- Phase 2 – Transition phase (hair attaches to the root, blood circulation is cut off)
- Phase 3 – Resting phase (hair shedding is common in this phase)
Ecklonia cava extract has been shown to increase the growth phase. By increasing the growth of cells of the hair, it results in a reduction of the 5a-reductase activity. This 5a-reductase is the enzyme that is responsible for DHT production, which is the most common reason many people face hair loss.
Instead of destroying DHT, Ecklonia cava modifies the environment naturally within the hair cells. This modification then decreases the enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which increases hair growth!
- Guaranteed to be 99.9% pure / Premium Ford & Speranza Blend
- 8300 O.R.A.C. Scale / Defends Against Free Radicals
- Kosher Authenticated / Full Spectrum / Water extraction process yields no impurities
How Does It Compare to Minoxidil and Finasteride?
The two most common hair growth products on the market are Minoxidil and Finasteride. Minoxidil is the generic version of Rogaine and can be purchased over the counter and applied topically. Finasteride is a prescription pill that is ingested.
There have been studies comparing these two common hair loss treatments to Ecklonia cva. Here are the findings:
- Ecklonia cava had an increase in the depth, length, and size of hair follicles after just 37 days of treatment.
- Those treated with Ecklonia cava had 14% stronger effects on the hair follicle length than those with Minoxidil.
- Ecklonia cava had the same level of inhibition of the 5a-reductase as Finasteride.
Based on these findings, it appears that Ecklonia cava, when applied topically, is as good of a treatment (or better) than the leading hair loss options. However, it’s also worth mentioning that these two leading products are filled with chemicals. Ecklonia cava, on the other hand, is a naturally occurring algae, making it the better choice for hair loss treatment.
How To Use Ecklonia Cava
Unfortunately, the hair care industry isn’t fully aboard the Ecklonia cava train yet. There are not many products on the market that have a high enough percentage of this algae to make it effective, so take your time and check the potency of the product. We personally recommend this Ecklonia Cava Extract - 99% Purity - Superior to Swanson - 320mg per Daily Serving that has a 99.9% purity of Ecklonia Cava Extract.
After you have purchased your ECE (Ecklonia Cava Extract) you can add it to your own shampoo or apply it directly to your scalp.
If you prefer to apply it directly, break apart the capsule and add the powder to a carrier oil. Massage this into your scalp and let it sit for at least thirty minutes to an hour. Once you are done, rinse with lukewarm water and massage the oil extract from your scalp.
If you are facing male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness, but prefer to try natural remedies first, Ecklonia cava is the best choice for you. It can increase your hair growth and has even been proven to beat out Minoxidil. You can’t go wrong with stats like that!
Tired of chasing down hair growth solutions without the results you’re after? Make sure you’re using the 3 hair loss products known to work before experimenting with alternative solutions. You may be surprised with how effective these 3 alone can be.