Dry scalp and Dandruff are twin problems that most people with hair problems have to deal with. In addition to causing discomfort, they can also lead to gradual hair loss if not promptly addressed.
Over the years, coconut oil has been scientifically proven to be the perfect antidote to these two problems. If you have a dry, itchy scalp, coconut oil can help.
Coconut oil soothes scalp conditions… its antibacterial properties may ward of folliculitis, and infection of the hair follicles. That’s not all, coconut oil can also combat fungal infections, such as ringworm of the scalp.”
In view of this, we will review the best coconut oil for dry scalp and dandruff. These coconut oils will give your scalp a special treat and help you get rid of dandruff as well.
Best Coconut Oil for Dry Scalp and Dandruff
|Hair Chemist Coconut Repair Masque||Check Price on Amazon|
|Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil||Check Price on Amazon|
|Coconut Oil for Hair & Skin By COCO&CO.||Check Price on Amazon|
|Biofinest Arabica Coffee, Pink Himalayan, Bamboo Charcoal, Tea Tree Scrub, and Coconut Oil||Check Price on Amazon|
|Briogeo - Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo||Check Price on Amazon|
|Nourishing + Coconut Milk Moisturizing Shampoo for Strong & Healthy Hair||Check Price on Amazon|
Is Coconut Oil a Good Remedy For Dandruff?
Coconut oil has tremendous moisturizing effects, which have proven to help treat dry skin and dandruff simultaneously.
According to a certain study, coconut oil used in children suffering from eczema was confirmed to work more than mineral oil. The coconut oil probably penetrated underneath the epidermis (top layer of skin) and functioned as a barrier to prevent further dryness and inflammation.
Although, dandruff wasn’t mentioned here; however, you might find the same benefits if you suffer from scalp eczema.
Lots of people have also used coconut oil traditionally as a natural antimicrobial product. Thanks to key ingredients found in coconut oil, such as lauric acid. The oil can, therefore, help to fight Malassezia.
Furthermore, another study published in 2008 discovered that:
Now, since Malassezia is a fungus, using coconut oil can indeed help reduce the amount of these organisms on your scalp as well as any related dandruff issues.
Coconut Oil for Dandruff and Dry Scalp Reviews
- Blow dryers, products, and weather take a toll on your hair.
- Coconut Oil Deep Repair Masque is an intense conditioner and helps repair and regrow damaged hair.
- Coconut oil can help prevent untimely whitening of hair and keeps your scalp and hair root healthy,...
- MADE FROM FRESH, ORGANIC COCONUTS – Cold-pressed from fresh, organic coconuts, Viva Naturals...
- PERFECT FOR COOKING, FRYING & SPREADING - With a naturally high smoke point (350°F/177°C), coconut...
- NUTRIENT-RICH SKIN & HAIR-CARE TREATMENT – Super useful outside the kitchen, coconut oil makes a...
Viva is made from fresh and organic coconut. The coconuts are cold-pressed while still fresh to deliver a product that is rich in both aroma and flavor.
As an unrefined hair product, it is perfectly designed to handle fungus or dry skin that may build up on your scalp, thereby reducing the degree of dryness on your scalp.
It also contains fatty acids that have a reputation for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. You can rest assured that harmful bacteria and fungi will ultimately be dealt with by this effective product.
Viva Coconut Oil is also good at hydrating the scalp. This, in turn, will lead to a moisturized scalp that is better prepared for hair growth.
- For Luxurious Hair and Skin: Soft, supple skin and thicker, faster hair growth. Rich in vitamin E...
- Feel the Difference: Many have heard of the benefits of coconut oil for cosmetics and beauty....
- COCO & CO. has been the top selling, highest rated coconut oil for beauty since 2014 and ranks...
This is one of the best coconut oils from the stable of COCO & COCO. It is specially formulated for fuller and longer hair. It achieves this by working on dry scalp and moisturizing it and giving it the nutrients it needs to get over its dryness and support healthy hair growth.
This oil has a reputation for its high-grade quality and its ability to turn the scalp around by providing it with essential vitamins and nutrients it needs to get over its dryness.
What is more, coconut oil is also effective for getting rid of dandruff. It also relieves the user from the symptoms of eczema, fungal infections, and what have you. The good news is that the nature of the hair is immaterial when dealing with dandruff.
It’s one of the most expensive coconut oils for dry scalp. Nevertheless, its efficacy justified the price.
- CELLULITE ENEMY: We combine best quality of organic coffee grounds with moisturizing, skin-soothing...
- LOADED WITH ANTI-OXIDANTS: Our Coffee Body Scrub is loaded with antioxidants, which help to fight...
- 100% NATURAL EXFOLIATING SCRUB & ACNE TREATMENT SKINCARE: Exfoliate your skin improves circulation &...
As a unique coconut product, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is an antimicrobial agent that is great for taking care of the scalp and conditioning it. It offers the ideal nourishment for the scalp, thereby getting rid of its dryness and nourishing it enough to promote hair growth.
Achieving this is pretty simple: massage your hair and scalp with the coconut oil for about 10 to 15 minutes, and you will be surprised by the impact on your hair as your hair becomes fuller and healthier.
It is also a perfect antidote to dandruff due to its antifungal properties that ensure that dandruff won’t have a hold on your scalp.
The antifungal properties make it ideal for treating fungus and hydrating the scalp as a preventive measure against dandruff accumulation on the scalp.
The coconut product also prevents the fear of losing your hair to brushing. It will nourish your hair from its root up to the tip to strengthen it against breakage while brushing.
Devoid of synthetic materials such as antibiotics and pesticides, it is a USDA organic material that contributes to the environment’s protection as well.
Place an order for this product and get yourself an excellent coconut oil that will give your scalp the desired treatment and help you ward off dandruff.
5. Briogeo - Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo - Combats and Prevents a Dry, Flaky, Itchy Scalp, 8 oz
- NATURALLY FORMULATED FOR OVERALL SCALP HEALTH: Scalp Revival Shampoo is formulated using potent...
- THE CLEANSING POWER OF CHARCOAL: Charcoal has quickly become one of the most popular ingredients in...
- RELIEF FOR DRY, ITCHY, FLAKY OR IRRITATED SCALPS: Scalp Revival Shampoo can help to keep your hair...
With its natural ingredients, this coconut oil is formulated to provide relief for irritated, dry, flaky, and itchy scalps by removing impurities such as dandruff that may irritate the scalp.
The unique coconut oil contains micro-exfoliators that work behind the curtain to remove product build-up and dead skin cells from the scalp in order to ensure a balanced, clean, and healthy scalp.
It also contains a B-complex vitamin, and Biotin, which strengthens the hair follicle and shaft to promote full and healthy hair.
It is certified cruelty-free, gluten-free, and suitable for all types of users, including vegans, and is great for people with colored hair or chemical treatment since the nutrients and vitamins in the product will assist with keeping your hair pretty and good looking always.
Spearmint oil and peppermint are included in the product for soothing your itchy or irritated scalp as well as ensure that your scalp pH level doesn’t go beyond what is healthy for your hair.
- Pure Coconut Oil Shampoo limits hair loss and shedding. Starting at the root it nourishes the hair...
- Our shampoo is a hair treatment made with ingredients to promote healthy hair growth. This product...
- Our deep conditioning shampoo repairs hair damage by nourishing and replenishing natural nutrients....
This coconut oil has been proven to be one of the best coconut oils for the scalp. It works well on the scalp by providing it with the natural nutrients it needs to be in perfect condition and thus promotes hair growth.
It also hydrates the scalp and promotes the reduction of discomfort in the scalp. Thus, your scalp will be healthy and devoid of dandruff and other fungi infections.