As it continues to increase in popularity, everyone is claiming CBD oil is the new miracle drug! It can cure almost every ailment depending on who you ask. From aches and pains to acne, and now even to hair care! Everywhere is now popping up with new CBD shampoos, conditioners, hair gels and more! But before you jump on the CBD oil bandwagon as your cure-all, we’ll break down the benefits of this product and help you determine if it’s the best choice for your hair growth needs.
What is CBD?
To start, we should discuss what CBD oil is for those who might not know. CBD is derived from cannabis plants or hemp and stands for Cannabidiol. This extract can not get you high, like the other compound found in cannabis THC. It does not have any intoxicating properties, but it is full of benefits that help for a range of psychological and physical ailments. There are studies proving the CBD oil is an effective treatment for anxiety, chronic pain, acne, cancer-related symptoms, and more.
How it Can Help the Scalp and Hair
While CBD oil has been studied for other ailments, there has not been much research done on the benefits to the scalp. However, what we know about the oil and nutrient profile, experts think highly of the results that you can achieve when you add CBD oil to your hair care routine.
Improves Scalp Health
In order to have healthy hair that continues to grow, you’ll need to start with a healthy scalp. CBD oil has many properties that make it a great option to improve the health of your scalp. To start, it contains high doses of magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, calcium and phosphorus. All of these are wonderful for the scalp. But more than that, CBD oil is an anti-inflammatory, which can help treat many symptoms of psoriasis or folliculitis.
CBD oil Is also an adaptogen. This means that it can help regulate the production of sebum on your scalp. So if you have too much or too little, it helps address the cause and creates the correct oil production needed.
Because CBD oil contains all the nutrients mentioned above, it can help stimulate hair growth. CBD oil also can increase blood circulation to your scalp and hair follicles, which can help remove harmful toxins and boost hair growth.
Your hair is made of protein, which is why if you have weakened locks, a protein treatment for your hair is recommended. Within CBD oil are all 21 amino acids (the building blocks of protein). In turn, when you use CBD oil regularly, it can strengthen your hair!
How to Add CBD to Your Hair Care Routine
If you’re ready to see the benefits that CBD oil can add to your hair care routine, there are numerous ways to start. The first option is to ingest a CBD product. There are numerous options available on the market, from oils to edibles. Before selecting the right one, be sure to purchase a quality CBD product. Like all things, you get what you pay for. While a good product doesn’t have to break the bank, be sure to do research before you buy. It is suggested that you investigate the following:
- Growing Standards – Make sure you purchase a product that is not treated with pesticides or other foreign chemicals
- Third-Party Testing – Because the FDA does not regulate CBD, there is no way to ensure the company is being honest. That’s where third-party testing comes in. They will be able to provide results about the quality of the product to help ease your mind about the formulas.
- Find Where CBD Product is Sources – If you are in doubt, always purchase products from the United States. CBD products can be impacted by environmental issues such as climate and soil pH, so make sure you look into the source.
We would suggest:
- HEMP OIL FOR PAIN RELIEF - Our omega supplement of hemp oil gives you a natural way to relieve chronic pain,...
- PREMIUM HEMP OIL - One serving (1mL) delivers a 33mg serving! Our blend gives a complete entourage effect that...
- CO2 EXTRACTION AND LAB TESTED - We’re different; our organically grown hemp comes from certified Colorado hemp...
Another way to add CBD to your hair routine is to find a product that already has the oil mixed in. There are dozens of options available on the market but be sure to do the research mentioned above to make sure you’re getting a quality product.
The last option would be to massage CBD oil directly into your scalp. After finding the right oil, apply it directly to your scalp, massaging it for five minutes. Let the oil sit for twenty minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
While CBD oil is touted as a “miracle cure-all,” there is no scientific research proving it can help improve hair growth. However, the benefits within cannabidiol all point to signs that it should help!