There are perhaps very few things in life worse than losing your hair. While it can be incredibly frustrating and even unavoidable for some individuals, there are many solutions to combat these frustrations.
As you might already know, a primary reason for hair loss is genetics. Hair loss affects both men and women and can significantly hamper an individual’s psychological state.
Luckily, many available products may offer solutions to your dismay, especially if you follow the suggestions laid out for you below and listen to your head.
What should I know about hair-loss shampoos?
- You do not have to recreate the wheel. If something works for you, then stick with it. More importantly, take it upon yourself to research the specific ingredients of the shampoos you’re currently using and the ones that claim to stop hair loss and grow new hair. You may be surprised at your findings! Not all claims are backed with scientific data.
- Ketoconazole. If you remember anything from this post, remember that this ingredient is necessary for healthy hair. You will find this in any reputable hair-loss shampoo. Simply put, Ketoconazole is a knockout in any hair-fighting match.
- Be consistent. When searching for your shampoo, stick with it for a minimum of at least 6 months. If you are using a conditioner (which is recommended), also keep this consistent for the duration of this time. Remember, Rome was not built in a day.
Which ingredients should I look for in hair-loss shampoos?
Although much of the research is still in its early stages for hair-loss shampoos and their effects, these four ingredients continually hit it out of the park for healthy hair development:
- Ketoconazole. Are you surprised to see this again? Studies have shown that the most effective use of this antifungal medication was through the proper application of 2% ketoconazole shampoo two to four days a week, leaving the shampoo within the scalp’s hair for at least three to five minutes after each application. If this ingrediant falls within the ingrediant list of your shampoo, you have chosen a strong contender.
- Caffeine. “No, Peter, do not pour your coffee cup on your head!” In all actuality, caffeine enhances the length of hair shafts while stimulating the growth of keratinocyte, the largest cell found in a body’s epidermis (outer layer of skin). This ingrediant should not be confused with one’s caffeine consumption, which actually can hamper hair cell development.
- Biotin. Outside of caffeine, this is a term you are likely familiar with. Biotin is crucial to skin cell development, which in turn affects hair follicles. Think… if your hair follicles are weak or unhealthy, hair loss occurs. One area outside of shampoos to increase Biotin absorption is in your diet. Consider eating more eggs, peanuts, liver, cauliflower, and bananas.
- Saw Palmetto. In one study, almost half of the men treated with this transformative ingredient had a near 12 percent increase in their total hair count. Although this ingredient has been used for hundreds of years, it witholds the unique ability to block the development of DHT, which is linked to male hair loss.
Our Final Four
With the vast number of hair loss shampoos on the market, this list is by no means all-inclusive. Instead, it includes our top 4 hair loss shampoos based on a variety of factors, from price to ease of use and ingredient list. Finally, the shampoos listed are not listed in any particular order.
Rated the best “Shampoo for Hair Regrowth Stimulation” in 2016, Ultrax contains caffeine, ketoconazole, and saw palmetto, three essential ingredients mentioned above. Although it comes at a higher price, the thousands of testimonials and reviews online back this legitimate product. And if you’re still unconvinced, Hair Surge offers a 90-day money-back guarantee for their products, which mind you, are only three.
- TOP RATED 2020 SHAMPOO FOR HAIR REGROWTH...
- Contains highly effective CaffinoPlex blend...
- Contains powerful caffeine compounds which have...
With Revita, the results speak for themselves. In one study containing 500 men and women between the ages of 18 and 55, 90% of participants using Revita’s product experienced a decrease in hair loss while 85% had an improvement in the “overall appearance” of their hair.
At a more reasonable price, some of the notable ingredients in Revita are caffeine, biotin, ketoconazole, emu oil, vitamin B2, and essential amino acids for hair follicle development. As far as any noticeable downsides, the primary one noted was that some users found their hair drier after consistent use. But other than this, it’s a formidable giant in the field of hair loss shampoo with a proven track record.
Perhaps a dark horse, the five ingredients in Lipogaine’s latest addition (compared to its Big 3 option) are biotin, caffeine, argan oil, castor oil, and saw palmetto – all of which combine to actively fight hair loss in individuals. Compared to the aforementioned products on this list, the castor oil in this shampoo fights hair loss while safely working on all hair types, including color-treated hair. This is the most cost-effective product on the list. As with all of these however, consider pairing this with a conditioner to avoid the unwanted effect of a dryer scalp.
- Trusted Brand: Hundreds of thousands people around...
- Premium natural ingredients based hair stimulating...
- Powerful proprietary blend of Biotin, Caffeine,...
Pure Biology’s product uniquely combines stem cell-derived ingredients that stimulate cells and follicles to grow hair, including saw palmetto, green tea (caffeine), biotin, keratin, and other amino acids and natural extracts. As a non-GMO blend that is paraben free and made within the United States, this product has been proven to reduce hair loss by 21 percent within just 21 days. Altogether, this product is a quality stimulator and shampoo to implement into your routine, retailing at a reasonable price.
- BEST HAIR GROWTH BLEND – Packed with natural...
- BREAKTHROUGH COMPLEXES – Amino Kera NPNF Keratin...
- DHT BLOCKER – Saw Palmetto and Green Tea are...
In today’s world, it can be tricky choosing the best all-around shampoo for your hair loss and hair growth needs. Just like any investment you undertake, companies will try to make outlandish and hardly believable claims to you that may not actually be backed by merit. Although it will take patience, trial-and-error, and a little bit of diligence on your part, you are now equipped with more knowledge behind choosing the best shampoo for your scalp. In the end, your head will truly thank you!
Let us know below what you think about our list and hair loss shampoos. Leave a comment and we will respond as soon as we can.