Hair today, gone tomorrow.
Baldness is an unmentioned epidemic that affects millions of men and women across the globe.
There’s a multitude of products and techniques available to treat the thinning of hair.
Many of these products rely on aggressive steroid or immune suppressant therapies which, while usually successful, also have the potential to induce severe side effects.
An incredible range of, side-effect free, natural supplements that claim to promote hair growth and strength as well as slow the onsets of baldness are available, but only some of these fantastic follicle fortifiers work.
Here are the top 5 natural hair loss supplements that actually work.
1. Jojoba Oil
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC JOJOBA OIL by USDA - the strict oversight of USDA ensures the integrity of our...
- 100% PURE, ONLY ONE INGREDIENT - Our Premium Jojoba Oil Organic is 100% Pure & Natural - No...
- CLIGANIC 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - RISK FREE! We put a lot of effort into manufacturing quality...
- MULTIPURPOSE OIL, BEST BENEFITS - Best Jojoba Oil for Face, Hair & Body. The Jojoba Essential Oil...
- PREMIUM BRAND, BOTTLED IN THE USA - Cliganic Organic Unrefined Jojoba Oil is bottled in the USA with...
Produced from the liquid wax found within Jojoba seeds, Jojoba oil is a clear golden liquid that is used in traditional hair loss treatments.
Chemically it is very similar to Sebum which is the oil that the scalp secretes to lubricate, protect and waterproof hair.
Hair loss can often be caused by a build-up of dandruff blocking follicles.
Jojoba Oil not only moisturizes the skin reducing the chance of build-up but also, due to its fungicidal properties, helps to dissolve dead skin and clear the scalp.
It has also been shown to improve micro-circulation which stimulates follicle development and growth.
2. Horsetail (Equisetum)
- Horsetail grass contains silica, which is traditionally used for healthy hair and nails.
- Non-GMO Project & Tru-ID Certified
The most ancient supplement to grace this list, Equisetum, more commonly known as ‘Horsetail’ due to its horse tail-like appearance, is a living fossil having been on Earth for more than 100 million years.
It is the only living genus of its entire class, meaning that there is no other plant on Earth like it.
Extremely rich in Silica, a compound which is known to decrease the risk of dementia, Horsetail fortifies the structure of hair follicles, strengthening the hair structure while simultaneous stimulating hair growth.
It is also known to increase your body’s ability to absorb minerals improving your general health and well-being.
- PREMIUM VALERIAN ROOT VEGETARIAN CAPSULES ON THE MARKET: Our pills are made from Valerian Root...
- COMPLETELY TASTELESS & ODORLESS: Our Valerian Root Extract is completely tasteless and odorless...
- PACKED WITH BENEFITS: Our Valerian Extract is filled with benefits for your body. This fully...
- STILL NOT SURE? DON'T WORRY! - As a small family business, we fully understand the uncertainty and...
- HIGHEST QUALITY AVAILABLE: Our Pure High Potency Valerian Root is free of extraneous fillers,...
The most common contributing factor to the loss of hair is stress.
This is not simply the fact that sometimes your stressful lifestyle can make you want to pull your hair out but that stress can cause your hair follicles to prematurely cease growing and go into their ‘resting phase’.
Once a hair follicle has entered this phase there’s no turning back and all that’s left for it to do is fall out.
Valerian is well known for its tranquilizing properties and is regularly prescribed to people with anxiety, nervous tension and stress.
It works as a nerve and muscle relaxant reducing tension and improving blood flow throughout a person’s body.
This, in turn, will encourage hair strength and follicle growth and also reduce the chance of your hair prematurely entering the dreaded ‘resting phase’.
4. Omega 3s
- HIGH DOSE AT 2250MG - Higher EPA and DHA levels than other brands with a total of 2,250mg Omega 3...
- ULTRA PURE AND REFINED - Purified with molecular distillation at minimal temperatures to remove all...
- 100% OCEAN WILD CATCH - Special extraction method for the highest volume of EPA and DHA
- BURPLESS, NATURAL LEMON FLAVOR - Odorless & easy to swallow without fishy burps
- RELIABLE - Made in a FDA and GMP Certified Facility in America and HEAVY METAL TESTED for purity
Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for not only a healthy head of hair but for your all-around general well being.
Your body cannot synthesize Omega-3s but they are vital in maintaining a normal metabolism.
Research has also shown that Omega-3s can reduce the chance of developing cancers and cardiovascular diseases, boost your immune system, increase neurological function and are anti-inflammatory.
A healthy metabolism, which Omega 3s will provide, is essential for hair growth and strength.
Hair is grown from excess protein.
An inefficient metabolism will fail to deliver this protein to your scalp resulting in hair loss.
Regular intake of Omega 3 fatty acids (most commonly found in oily fish) will ensure that your system is healthy and your hair is strong.
5. Bell Peppers
- Non GMO and gluten free
- Can store up to 25 years in proper conditions
- Snack out of the bag or use with meals or camping
- Great source of essential vitamins and minerals; One full quart in plastic jar
- Look for all our other great product's; Dried veggies, freeze dried fruits and veggies, true...
The fruit of the Capsicum plant is used worldwide under a variety of different names.
Most commonly referred to as bell peppers in North America, they are also known as sweet peppers in Britain, and capsicums in Australia, New Zealand, and India.
Prescribed as a circulatory stimulant, Capsicum has numerous health benefits similar to those ascribed to Omega 3’s.
As well as increasing your body’s immune and anti-inflammatory abilities it is the positive effect it has on your circulatory system that will grant your scalp the greatest benefit.
Research has shown that regular intake of Capsicum can increase hair growth rates by up to 50%.
It is this incredible effect that Capsicum has upon hair that puts it in prime position as the number 1 best supplement on this list.
Final Word of Advice
The aforementioned supplements are best consumed in their natural forms.
Tablets do work but are more expensive and less effective.
If possible add these supplements to your meals as the vitamins and minerals in healthy food will help the body absorb and utilize them with the greatest efficiency.
The ultimate key to slowing down the loss of hair is a healthy lifestyle.
A good diet, regular exercise and a lack of stress will stimulate hair growth and follicle strength more than any herbal supplements or alternative therapies.
Of course, if you believe differently, have found problems with any of these supplements or have any other helpful herbal hints and tips to share, please add to this article by commenting below!